Following The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health (which focuses on balancing the PH in your body by eating alkaline foods), I needed a dinner that would contain lots of veg (especially green ones), no wheat (incidentally, Buckwheat is wheat & gluten free despite its name), as well as no yeast (out goes the Soy Sauce)…And so this dish was thrown together – simple & fast, with a clean, fresh taste. The lemon juice, ginger & coriander give it so much flavour you won’t even miss the usual Stir-fry sauce! Mix and match with whatever vegetables you have on hand – I always tend to add as much as i can…
You will need:
Buckwheat Noodles, half a packet
1 heaped tsp. Grated Ginger
1-2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/2 Onion, sliced (Red Onion would work well too…)
1 Carrot, juilienned
1/2 Courgette/Zucchini, juilienned
1/4 Red Pepper, sliced thinly
1/4 Yellow Pepper, sliced thinly
Handful of Mange Tout
A few Green Beans, ends trimmed
Bunch of Bean Sprouts(white)
A floret of Broccoli, separated
Juice of half a Lemon/Lime (or more if needed)
Splash of Sesame Oil
Chopped Coriander, for sprinkling at the end
Sea Salt & Black Pepper, if desired
– Boil the Noodles according to directions on packet. When cooked, drain and let cool.
– Steam the Broccoli for about 1 minute in a colander over a pot with boiling water. Set aside.
– In a pan/wok, heat oil (I use Canola or Peanut) on med-high until hot.
– Add onions and fry until turning brown, then add garlic & ginger and fry until they start to release their scent.
– Lower heat to medium, add Carrots, Zucchini, Peppers and fry until beginning to soften. Then add the rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, adding Lemon juice & Sesame Oil (If need be, splash with a bit of water and cover with a lid to speed up cooking – this will have more of a steaming effect).
– Mix in the cooked noodles, until heated up. Turn off heat, and garnish with Coriander.
= A scrumptious, alkaline meal!