Tofu Scramble: the perfect dish to have by the poolside for brunch, especially if your housemates are filling the kitchen with the smell of bacon & eggs! As I’m on vacation at the moment, I didn’t have many herbs & spices on hand, so feel free to add whatever you have lying around…I served mine on Sprouted Wheat Bread with a Veggie Sausage, but it would be equally delicious on baguette/ciabatta/rye, etc. The creamy Avo, however, is a must on the side to add to each mouthful of scramble!
1 Block of Firm Tofu, drained
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 tsp. Fresh Ginger, grated
Red/Yellow/Green Pepper, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1 Tblsp. Spring Onion, minced
1/2 – 1 tsp. Tumeric (add less first, then taste and add more if needed)
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Oregano
– Crumble Tofu with your hands into a bowl. Mix in spices and set aside.
– Heat oil in a pan, fry onions until beginning to brown. Add Garlic & Ginger, and fry about 30 sec.
– Add peppers & tomato and cook until beginning to soften.
– Mix in Tofu and spices, and stir continuously until tofu begins to brown. Add Spring onions and cook 1 -2 mins. longer.
– Taste, and adjust seasonings. Serve on toasted bread with Avocado on the side🙂